I turned 30 a year ago. To be honest, I’m still, in a way, coming to terms with the fact that I’m not as young as I feel I should be. On the other hand, my 30s are full of promise. I loved my 20s but they were definitely a time to find myself. I graduated from college, got married and had two kids. My 20s also saw my first taste of world travel. D spent three years in law school and I learned to be frugal and always be on the look out for a good deal. That skill has served us well in our travel planning.
My 30s have given me a new sense of purpose. That purpose is travel. I am addicted to travel. And I want to show our big beautiful world to our children. I love seeing the wonder in their eyes when they discover something amazing.
As I look ahead to the next decade, I’ve compiled a list of 40 travel-related experiences I want to have before I turn 40. This is in no way an exhaustive list. Of course, I welcome any and all travel experiences. And I realize that some of these are fairly ambitious, but hey, a girl can dream, right? It’ll just give me something to work hard for. Without further ado, here is my 40 Before 40 in no particular order.
40 Before 40~ Travel Edition
- Explore Croatia
- Visit all 50 US states 19/50
Go on a cruise(completed February 2017)
- Travel to every country in Europe 2/51
- Hike Machu Picchu
- Visit the Galapagos Islands
- Visit 15 national parks/monuments 7/15
- Eat gelato in Italy
- Visit Australia
- Become an expat
- Visit Ireland
- Become a certified scuba diver
- Go to Hawaii
- Have a conversation in Croatian with a native speaker without translation books/apps
- Go to every Disney resort/park around the world 2/8
- Relive Anne of Green Gables on Prince Edward Island
- See the Northern Lights
- Visit Alaska
- Attend a World Gymnastics Championships
- Step foot on every continent except Antarctica 4/6
- Visit 30 castles/forts 6/30
- Step foot on the Great Wall of China
- Show Ladybug Neuschwanstein
- Drive the length of the United States’ east coast
- See Mont Saint-Michel Abbey in France
- Visit New Orleans
- Pay my respects at Auschwitz concentration camp
- Attend an Olympic sporting event
- Stay on a houseboat in Amsterdam
- Visit Normandy, France
- Attend 15 Christmas markets 3/15
- Visit the town where my ancestors lived in Scotland
Spend a day in Washington, DC(completed October 2017)
- Discover the food scene in Italy
- Visit Iceland
- Attend a travel blog conference
- Meet a fellow travel blogger in person
Explore Puerto Rico(completed April/May 2017)
- Visit New Zealand
What’s on your travel bucket list?
Like this? Pin for later.
To see more of our travel photos that don’t make it into my posts, follow me on Instagram.